Ahh its that time again. VALENTINES DAY is right around the corner. Of course you’ll get those couples who are anti v-day or say “everyday is Valentines Day for us.” While that’s great and all, its just a day and if you do decide to celebrate it, i’m sharing my idea of some fun dates for you and your significant other. This year I have the “dress like cupid, shoot everyone with a bow and arrow” mindset.
HOME MADE DINNER + A MOVIE AT HOME
- its the thought that counts so for all you couples who know your way around the kitchen, this would be the day to show off and order a movie afterwards on Netflix, try searching Nicholas Sparks. ( don’t forget to grab a bottle of Moscato..and maybe some popcorn)
LUNCH –> SPA
- Who doesn’t love the spa? For all you love birds who work the nights and want to grab a quick lunch and relax, here’s the perfect way how. Scheduled a couples massage and enjoy the moment with each other. What could be better?
ICE SKATING + CARRIAGE RIDE // CENTRAL PARK
- Its Feb in New York and its the perfect place to go ice skating. There’s a few rinks in New York City and what could possibly be better than ice skating in central park followed by a romantic horse drawn carriage ride? The perfect ending would be a little snow falling to top the night off
WINE TASTING/WINE CRAWL
- If you’re off the following day and think you can handle it, head to a wine crawl or a vineyard! The tasting is inexpensive and its a cute date for any couple.
BE SERENA + DAN FOR ONE NIGHT
- I reference GG everywhere, so why stop now? On the first season of Gossip Girl, Dan failed at a fancy date, but ended up giving Serena fast food and a dive bar pool lesson. If you’re mellow and can grab food from a truck and shoot some pool, try this. It’s thoughtful and flat out fun (don’t forget to grab some roses)
HELICOPTER TOUR AROUND NYC
- Dare I say the romantic appeal in this? Just flying around over Manhattan and being with your significant other in a private helicopter is enough to leave you speechless. There’s a similar scene in the first 50 shades over Seattle…and hey it all worked out for Christian and Anastasia..I mean Mrs. Grey
A NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM ( ANY MUSEUM)
- Every corner in New York has a fancy museum, it doesn’t matter if its MOMA or The MET, its a sweet date and out of the box. Make sure to grab a memoir from a gift shop or take a cute picture.
HER FAVORITE RESTAURANT
- okay okay, this isn’t the most creative, but trust me when I say, if you’re thinking hard and and keep coming back to food, settle for this. I personally know I’d be happy eating Chipoltle on Valentines Day because its my favorite place! So if she has that one restaurant she loves more than other, call and make a reservation! She’ll like that you remembered her favorite place.
BREAKFAST IN BED
- Some people have to work nights and other’s just aren’t on the same schedule as their partner. A breakfast in bed is just a good a celebration as any. So breakout the pancake mix, a single rose for the tray and enjoy the most important meal of the day together.
THE GALENTINES DATE
- To all my single ladies spending it with a friend, here’s what you need.
-The company of your best girlfriends
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE, and remember while all these suggestions can make the day special, its not how you spend the day, but whom you spend it with. Xoxo.